Conversation is missing in Search Drop down for READ only Users

Hi All,

Am using  global search in SharePoint online.

conversation is not visible on search drop down for read only users. Is there any solution to show that conversation for read only users?

Admin User :

Read Only User :

Thanks,

September 7th, 2015 8:20am

Hi Kaviya,

From your description, Conversation is invisible on search drop down for the read only users.

I have done a test in my SharePoint online. Per my test, the Conversation is visible on search drop down for the read only users.

For your issue, make sure you havent set audience for the Conversation. Please do as the steps below:

Site settings>Search>Search settings>Configure Search Navigation>click Conversation and edit it> make sure you havent set audience for the Conversation

If the issue still exists, please provide some screenshots of the details about how you configure the Search settings. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Aaren Liu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 5:14am

Hi Aaren,

Thanks for the reply,

I've checked on my site I didn't set any target audience and also am not using default search am using below search webpart on my master page,

<SearchWC:SearchBoxScriptWebPart runat="server" QueryGroupNamesJson="[&quot;Default&quot;]" ShowNavigation="True" UpdatePageTitle="False" TryInplaceQuery="False" RenderTemplateId="~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Control_SearchBox.js" StatesJson="{}" DefaultDropdownNodeId="1001" ShowQuerySuggestions="true" __webpartid="{FE61C1A9-A0A4-462D-B153-92B24BCF4494}" __MarkupType="vsattributemarkup" WebPart="true" Height="" Width=""></SearchWC:SearchBoxScriptWebPart>

Note : am using SharePoint Online E1 plan.

September 8th, 2015 7:11am

Hi Kaviya,

Thanks for providing the details, but I am a little confused.

Have you created a custom search box web part? Why didn't you use the default search box web part?

Where did you add these code in the master page? It would be better to offer a screenshot about where is the code in your master page.

I am looking forward to you reply back.

Best regards,

Aaren liu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 10:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics