Control of network bandwidth

Hello everybody

I run a Microsoft 2008 Server. I have my own buisness and so o have some workers.

When i hire them they can have there own computers with them to work, to work faster and feel better about working here, and i t is easier for them to take the work with them home if they want to. And so they leave me their Mac-adresses so they have acces to the net.

BUT, i have noticed that our Internet, sometimes run really slow. I then started to work on it, and looked at the routers and at the server. But i did not find anything wrong. that was until i saw that a worker was downloading a movie.
Now i dont wanna see what people are doing, but i have heard that Server 2008 can in fact see what IP or Mac address that is using up all the Internet. 

I dont know how i can go in and see that, so please if someone has a good guide to how i use Server 2008 for that purpose, then please write.

June 14th, 2014 10:52am

HI

The best options are to use some content filtering tools on gateway to see reporting and IP / web page accessed.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff472472.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 14th, 2014 10:54pm

Hello,

you should think about using a proxy server where you can control the download options. Also a clear agreement should be created between you and your workers to prevent this problems.

Using own devices requires clear arrangements between both sides, otherwise think about company own machines with clear configuration settings.

June 15th, 2014 9:16pm

In addition to the replies, purchase a hardware firewall. Then set some restriction.

And its also good to set IT policies.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 17th, 2014 6:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics