Connectivity issues Security Server EBS 2008
Hi. I'm running Windows Essential Business Server 2008 in my environment, and I'm experiencing some issues with my Security Server. The problem is that I can't ping it from any of the other servers or clients, EXCEPT from the Management Server, and this is also the only machine that successfully can establish a remote desktop connection with the security server. The Security Server is able to ping all the other clients on the network. It would seem like some kind of Firewall-issue, but I've tried disabling all the Firewalls, as well as going through the Group Policy settings to modify settings that may cause this problem, without any luck. The NIC config on the Security Server is ok. Has anyone experienced anything simirlar to this problem? Best regards, sb
August 30th, 2010 12:24pm

Hi, Thank you for your post here. This post appears to be related to EBS. For peer experience and suggestions, you may wish to post to the EBS08 Public Newsgroup. This will provide access to others who read the public newsgroups regularly who will either share their knowledge. Thank you for your understanding. EBS08 Public Newsgroup https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx Do you have Forefront TMG installed on the EBS security server? If yes, you may enable the live log on the server and check whether there is any traffic blocked by the server.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2010 9:03am

Hi, thanks for the response. I'm not to famirliar with TMG, so the Live logging didn't come to mind :) But I started a query towards the Firewall and the problem became very clear, it was in deed the TMG on the Security Server blocking the traffic. Created a new rule that allowed pretty much any traffic, and put it on top of the list, just to check if it was the firewalls fault. Voila, connectivity issue fixed. Had created some rules a while ago that were too strict apparently... Thanks for the hint Miles :) Best regards, sb
August 31st, 2010 10:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics