Connection failing validation to SSAS (could not connect to the redirector)

Hi all,

I have a package that works fine locally but doesn't work when I deploy it to the server (and reset the connection strings to the local DB and AS instances that are running on the same server)

It's not the usual permissions issue; I'm getting something about the SQL Browser not running (it is) and named instances. But my SSAS instance is the default unnamed instance?

The error message is "errors in the oledb provider. could not connect to the redirector. ensure the sql browser is running on the "." server"

then another error with "error while retrieving name instance information"

I've tried referencing the ssas server using its ip, ., hostname but the package craps out in a few sec

Any tips?

I've verified that the SSAS server is running and i can connect to it using ssms/tableau/excel etc

I've tried changing the service account of the sql browser to use local

August 25th, 2015 9:32pm

oops. I'd created the connection string parameter for the cube connection but hadnt parameterized the connection.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 9:46pm

Hi jakubk,

It probably is due to the package utilizing an account different than that what you tested with, e.g. the package is scheduled to run as part of an Agent job, and therefore runs under the SQL Agent profile which does not have access to the source.

If so running the job step using a proxy is the fix.

August 25th, 2015 9:49pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics