Connection failed: SQL State: '28000'

I have an Access2013 .accdb database, which connection to DQL server via ODBC dsn file. I have no issue to open the file and do anything there, and other developers can too. But when end users try to test it, they can't connect to the backend sql server database. The message is:

Microsoft SQL Server Login

SQLstate: '28000'

SQL Server Error:18456

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed for user 'xxx'

I was thinking to create a sql login in sql server for the users, but that doesn't sound a good solution, I can't create sql login for every user. Actually, we have a group login 'VBDUser' with a password, and in odbc setting, I used the windows authentication. But users just can't get connected to sql server. Please help!

April 24th, 2015 3:38pm

Hi

This is the forum to discuss questions about Microsoft Access develop. For your question is  about security about SQL Server, I am moving this thread to SQL server forums

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Lan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2015 2:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics