Connection Error

My package is failing on local machine, where as the same is running fine on server.

The error is as below. failing for one of the data flow task

ADO NET destination has failed to acquire the connection  with the following error message:" Login Failed. The login is from an un-trusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication:"

August 24th, 2015 12:28pm

The package config file was not properly supplied; but, still after adding the config file I am getting error at same place it says:

ADO NET Destination has failed to acquire the connection with the following error message: " A network related or instance specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server. The server was no found or was not accessible, verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL server is configured to allow remote connection. ( Provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26- Error locating Server/instance specified)" 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 12:34pm

Is the local machine a member of the same domain as the Server?
August 24th, 2015 12:35pm

Hi Neil,

Looks like it is a failure to connect to a remote machine from yours.

I suggest you test the access using the UDL file to make sure it is the security.

August 24th, 2015 12:38pm

The local machine is not a member of some domain as server. All the files needed to be loaded are available locally, in the folder database is also local and nothing on server.

Earlier I was having 2008R2 SQL Server on my local machine, since I upgrade it to 2012, I am getting this

August 24th, 2015 2:02pm

I was looking into the firewall, and found the below info, is it because the highlighted ports are disabled, the package is not working? below is the error msg I am getting, I did some google and found a link 

SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql_protocols/archive/2007/05/13/sql-network-interfaces-error-26-error-locating-server-instance-specified.aspx

Here it says 

5) If firewall is enabled on the server, you need to put sqlbrowser.exe and/or UDP port 1434 into exception.

Once you are done the steps, you should not see this error message anymore.

I dont know how to perform the above step(5)

August 24th, 2015 2:46pm

I also tried the below link options, still same

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/walzenbach/archive/2010/04/14/how-to-enable-remote-connections-in-sql-server-2008.aspx

I checked the version on server(SSIS Package is working fine here) and my local machine(The SSIS package is not working here).

select @@VERSION  -- Local machine
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3153.0 (X64) 
Jul 22 2014 15:26:36 
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation
Developer Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.2 <X64> (Build 9200: )

select @@VERSION -- SERVER 
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.5058.0 (X64) 
May 14 2014 18:34:29 
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation
Developer Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: ) (Hypervisor)

August 24th, 2015 4:33pm

Try to do in command prompt

nslookup to the target if it gets resolved let us know, otherwise it is not SSIS related

August 24th, 2015 5:22pm

Hi Arthur,

nslookup for ? Attached is the error message when I try to execute the package execute visual 2010(1) 

and the (2) attachment is when I try to run from execute utility by providing the package configuration path.

August 24th, 2015 5:46pm

Can you connect to the destination server via SSMS?
August 24th, 2015 6:05pm

Yes, I am able to connect. Also I created a sample package and tried to load data from source table to target table. It is working fine.  

But only with the package in question it is throwing the attached errors ( pls refer previous post for error messages)

August 24th, 2015 6:12pm

It is hard to see the bottom image Neil, but I think the issue is due to corruption (as a result of the upgrade perhaps).

Create a new package that does the same.

Sometimes just deleting the connection and re-adding it back works.

August 24th, 2015 8:03pm

If you have SSMS installed on your local machine try to connect to the sql server with the same userid & password used in your connection manager.

It is clearly permissions issue. 

If you can not connect from SSMS first resolve that issue. That will fix everything.

If you able connect open the package and go the failed task and open the connection manager and test the connection.

August 24th, 2015 9:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics