Connecting two separate Exchange Server VM's (separate subnets and domains) in Hyper-V

I have three DC's (all VM's in Hyper-V on the same host) - two in a Domain called Roshar.net - Ex-Server1.Roshar.net (10.22.22.20 /24) and LAB-DC1.Roshar.net (10.22.22.1 /24) and one in a domain called Monkey.net - Ex-Server02.Monkey.net (two virtual Network Adapters 10.22.22.25 /24 and 192.168.1.100 /24). Ex-Server02.Monkey.net is an Exchange Server. Ex-Server1.Roshar.net is an Exchange Server.

1. How can I get these two Exchange Servers to talk? My main interest here is getting the machines to talk. Not the Exchange configuration.

2.  Will they be able to talk without routing involved? How can I implement routing between the two networks quickly and easily without using physical hardware?

4. Can these two different subnets exist and function on the same Hyper-V virtual network? Or should it be one subnet per Hyper-V network?

If you have time, please expand as much as possible on your answers so I can understand what is going on.

Many thanks for any help.

Greg

May 27th, 2015 5:10am

Network setup and configuration is fundamentally no different than it would be if you had multiple workstations (each VM would be equivalent to a workstation) and a workstation switch.

The network settings are all in the OS of each machine, or in the network switch.

If you have machines on different subnets that need to communicate with each other, you have created a need for a router.  As routers translate between subnets.  Hyper-V does not provide routing services.  It provides a switch.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2015 11:32am

Hi Sir,

You can create a windows server then enable RRAS role as a router .

For more configuration question you can post it into following network forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverNIS

Best Regards,

Elton Ji 

May 30th, 2015 1:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics