Connecting to a server
I need to install 4 new (replacement) windows xp machines onto an exisiting windows 2003 standard server. I just want to know the right process / instructions to enable me to do this. I'm new to some of this stuff and just need some help!!
November 17th, 2010 8:49am

What do you actually mean install "onto". Are you referring to the fact that you have an AD 2003 Domain (with a 2003 DC) and you want to join the XP computers to the domain? If so, the process is simple. Make sure the XP clients TCP/Ip settings are correct and that their client DNS settings are pointing to the internal DNS server(s), most likely your 2003 DC is running DNS. Then log in with a local admin account on each Win XP system, go to system properties, computer name tab, and type in the name of the domain and click on the button to join. When prompted for credentials, just supply a domain userid and password that has rights to join computers to the domain (you can use the domain admin account). If I was off on my assumption, please clarify your question. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 17th, 2010 7:25pm

OK, many thanks for this.
November 18th, 2010 2:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics