Connecting Sql Server 2005 database from Report Manager 2012

Hi All,

I have bunch of SSRS 2005 reports which using 2005 databases

I just migrated to SSRS 2012 and tested , it work fine on Visual Studio

then deployed Report Manager 2012 .

I am using same credentials on Report Manager 2012 as Production Report Manager 2005 using for data sources

But I cant even test data sources , I am getting "Loging Failed for ... credential" error

any idea why?

Thanks

February 13th, 2015 10:16pm

Hi Gok Sky,

According to your description, after you migrated SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008, you can preview the report from Visual Studio. When you preview the report from report manager, you got login failed error.

To troubleshoot the problem, please refer to the following steps:

1. If you are using shared data source, please make sure the data source is deployed to report manager.
  2. If you are using a custom data source, make sure the connection string is correct and you can use the Credential to connect to the data source successfully.
  3. You can also execute the query using SSMS to make sure that you have permission to connect to the data source using same credential.

For more information about login failed error, please refer to the following document:
https://sqlcan.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/login-failed-for-user-nt-authorityanonymous-logon-with-sql-server-reporting-services/

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Wendy Fu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2015 12:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics