Connecting ASP (Classic) to an Azure database

My technical group and I have been unable to connect our ASP application to our Azure database. We have tried all the following

a) Ensuring our database is operable by connecting to it with SQL Server Management Studio

b) Opening the correct ports by using Windows Firewall after RDP into the VM

c) Used Azure to mark database endpoints for the VM

d) We also created another login on our master database and used those to create a user on the database we wanted to connect to 

e) We also tried a DSN

None of these approaches worked. 

Using the DSN, we received the error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]'' is an invalid name because it contains a NULL character or an invalid unicode character.

Using SQL Native Client, we received the error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

May 21st, 2015 4:26am

Thanks very much for the reply. Yes, I have ascertained that all those requirements have been met.  

We are still getting the same errors.  I know ASP is not supported by Azure (WHAT?!) but was hoping that someone has created a workaround.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 21st, 2015 5:35am

Has anyone connected Classic ASP on an Azure VM to an Azure SQL Server db?  Or can I get confirmation from Microsoft that this is not supported?  

May 25th, 2015 9:35pm

Hi dfgsdfgsdfgsdfgsdgf,

Please have a check on the below thread and check if it helps. It has a similar discussion.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30355118/connecting-asp-on-azure-virtual-machine-to-azure-db

Regards,

Mekh.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2015 8:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics