Connected pc does not show in leased addresses in DHCP

Hi All,

I have a pc that is connected to the network, the user can access mail, file server, print etc.

But I cannot find the IP address leased to the machine in DHCP Address Leases, and I can  also not ping the machine name or the IP address.

All firewalls are switched off.

Any suggestions?

September 11th, 2015 5:54am

Hi

Could check the client dns record already created on Dns server.Also DHCP server integrated with DNS?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 11th, 2015 7:37am

I can see it in DNS with the IP address assinged to the machine.

Is that what you mean?

September 11th, 2015 7:52am

Hi

Yes,seems dns record is OK.What is Dhcp server OS?,also only one client have this problem?Also is there any Anti virs,etc software runing on client,could you check this also.

And try to ping some ip adrresses on this client.check the client ip configuration configured static or dynamic?

September 11th, 2015 8:01am

Hello,

please post anunedited ipconfig -all from the DHCP Server and the client with problems.

September 11th, 2015 9:36am

We are running Windows SBS 2011Standard

Yes we are running ESET Antivirus. 

I can ping any address on the network from the specific machine, but I cannot ping the specific machine from any other pc, not even from the server.

It is Dynamic IP configuration..

September 11th, 2015 11:50am

Hi

Could you please first disable ESET Antivirus on client,and check.ALso post "ipconfig /all" from Dhcp server and client..

September 11th, 2015 12:25pm

Hi Johan,

>>but I cannot ping the specific machine from any other pc, not even from the server.

By IP address or hostname? If IP address, disable the ESET and try again. If the issue still exists, check the routes.

Type ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew on client, then check if there is address lease on DHCP server.

Besides, we may perform a test. Assign static IP address to the specific machine. Disable ESET and try to ping its IP address from other clients. If it fails, I suppose you need to check the network configuration in your environment.

Best Regards,

Leo

September 13th, 2015 9:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics