Connect to Internet !!!

Hello!!!

I know very little about hyper-V and need your guys help...
I know how to configure VM's on hyper-v and connect them in virtual network.. But now I want internet on my VM. How can I do that.

Tried below: -

1. I created External Virtual Switch

2. Connected it to "Intel(R) Ethernet Connections I217-V"

3. Went to mt VM Setting and in Network Adapter selected "External Virtual Switch" created in above steps.

4. Now for some reason after 5 minutes, my BASE machine Windows 8.1 (Physical Machine) is restarting with "Blue Screen of Death" saying "Unexpected Kernel Mode Error"

5. I restarts my PC. and again after 3-4 mins My whole Physical machine is getting restarted with same above Unexpected Kernel mode error.

6. This continues.. till I delete/remove the "External Virtual Switch" from Hyper V manager.

Best regards,

Tawsif Mulani

June 30th, 2015 9:26pm

Try disabling Hyper-V from the host, restart the computer and then enable Hyper-V.  remember to save/checkpoint your VM's - just in case...

Just a quick thought, have you got any other external switches attached to the same NIC?  If you do, delete all those switches and then add your external switch, followed by any internal switches. 

When you create an external switch you should get a warning about loss of connectivity for a brief period of time.

Try and create the external switch with PowerShell, rather than through the GUI:

New-VMSwitch -Name <switch_name> -NetAdapterName <PhysicalNIC> -AllowManagementOS $True\$False -MinimumBandWidthMode Weight -Notes "<Some notes about the switch>

Try the first suggestion first, though. 

Cheers

Andrew

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 1st, 2015 5:00pm

Thank you Andrew for reply...

I tested creating external switch using Powershell, it gave same BSOD: Unexpected Kernel mode exception. And it restarted the computer.

Haven't  checked first option of disabling and enabling hyper-V yet. And really sorry for not trying that first. I will try it later today and will update you accordingly.

Cheers!!!

July 1st, 2015 8:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics