Connect SharePoint List view to SSMS

Hi ,

I need your help to install SSIS/SSRS in SSMS

I have connected the SharePoint list view to excel for reporting purpose but due to data size the performances is very slow in excel and now I would like to connect the SharePoint List to SSIS/SSRS

I have windows 8, 64 bit system

I have installed SQL Server Management studio 2012 but I am unable to enable the Integration and Reporting Services

may be I have missed to choose the option during installation, I am not technical strong person so could you please advise in layman language to add SSIS/SSRS feature to existing SSMS

August 31st, 2015 10:57am

Hi 5Ant,

SSMS is a "SQLServer management studio" tool. Obviously it cannot be used to mange SharePoint because SharePoint is not meant to be managed via SQL tools.

> nd work with them as if they were tables.  

SharePoint lists are NOT tables. 

SharePoint Lists are comprised of 1 or many "content types". each content type has multiple columns. Content types can be used across 1 or many lists.

Do not design a solution on SharePoint thinking that you are working on a database. you will repent it. its not a DB. 

nd I'd be amazed if lists aren't stored interally as tables. 

List data is stored internal SharePoint tables... but Lists themselves don't become independent tables.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 11:15am

Hi Milan,

Thanks for the info.

i just did some research on this and found the below link where it say we can connect SharePoint list to SSRS, but not sure is this possible with SSMS or MSBI.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633650.aspx

let me know your expert view on this.

August 31st, 2015 10:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics