Connect 2 Windows SBS 2011 servers
My company has three offices the main being in NY and the others being in Paris and in Milan. The office in NY has 28 users, Paris has 12 and Milan has 8. Currently I am running on Windows Server 2003 in NY and the other 2 sites have no server. They share files via workgroup. I want to make data available to each site and have it sync instantly. I would like to have a file server that shares files between the 3 sites. Ideally I would like to have 2 SBS servers (one in NY and one in Paris) talk to each other via VPN. Is this possible? Both offices have a very good internet connection. I do not want to use Terminal Services or Remote Desktop. That is what we currently have and it doesn't work for us. Any advice would be appreciated.
May 24th, 2011 3:39pm

Check the similar thread. You can post in SBS forum. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2011 4:31pm

Hello, you can connect them on network level and create accounts on the other SBS Domain to connect to shares with providing username/password. BUT you are not able to create a trust between SBS domains, this is a limitation on SBS servers.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 24th, 2011 5:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics