Configuring an additional nic on 2008 server
I need to install a second nic on my server 2008 IPv4. One nic has a puplic address of 130.14. and the second has a private address 10.9. The second nic wil not ping all network connections claim to be correct and when you look at local area 2 connection status no packets are being received. I need to make sure that my server is setup correctly before I pursue our communication team (Infrastructure) vigorously.
September 26th, 2011 2:47pm

Check to make sure that you have configured the correct IP and subnet mask. Make sure that you have plugged in this second NIC into a switch port that has been configured for the correct VLAN. If you configure this NIC with an IP and the port is on a different VLAN, you will not receive any packets back. Visit anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 26th, 2011 4:27pm

putting a real ip directly to the server is not recommended. according to the service(Mail,remote access,terminal service,web) you can configure the pat(Port address translation) on your router or firewall. in this scenario check the ip configuration(subnet,gateway).and check the physical connectivity(cables).i think the network cable which is plugging to the nic(public ip) should be connect to the firewall or router.Darshana Jayathilake
September 27th, 2011 12:28pm

Put the ISP ip into the AD forwader.Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 28th, 2011 6:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics