Configuring Search Service Application with Least Privilege Principle  - Search Gatherer Content Plugin

Hey Guys,

I'm caught up with one annoying issue popping up in ULS Log post i configured my Search Service Application With Least Privilege Principle

Steps i followed as below

1) Service Account Created in DC and Registered as Managed Account in SharePoint CA, note none of them are part of local machine administrator group nor farm admin group

WS_SEARCH_HC : Search Host Controller

WS_SEARCH_CRAWL : SharePoint Search Service  

AP_SEARCH_QSS : App Pool A/C for Query & Site Settings

AP_SEARCH_AWS: App Pool A/C for Admin Web Service

2) Post adding to managed account assigned the Domain accounts to services via Configure Service Accounts Page in Central Admin

3) Started the Work Management Service 

4) Created Search Service Application and provided respective Managed Account as requested.

5) Given WS_SEARCH_HC login right on Search_Service_Application_DB database and given SPSearchDBAdmin role via SQL Management Studio.

6) Restarted the Server

7) did a Full crawl

8) Performed search and i was getting expected result.

but I'm getting following error continuously

OpenQuery Failed with status ID: 0x800007d0. QueryPath: \Search Gatherer Projects - SharePointServerSearch(Search_Service_Application_0_Portal_Content)\Transactions In Progress. instanceHandle: 3.

OpenQuery Failed with status ID: 0x800007d0. QueryPath: \Search Gatherer Content Plugin - SharePointServerSearch(9db7a416-41ec-4588-b553-4d8924d7bf46-crawl-0 -Regular Crawl)\Items Ready. instanceHandle: 4.

CSSFeedersManager statistics Continuous Crawl group: there are no active feeders or none of the feeders ever submitted any items

OpenQuery Failed with status ID: 0x800007d0. QueryPath: \Search Gatherer Content Plugin - SharePointServerSearch(9db7a416-41ec-4588-b553-4d8924d7bf46-crawl-0 -Continuous Crawl)\Items Submitted. instanceHandle: 5.

CannotMakeBrowserCacheSafeLayoutsUrl: 15/1033/styles/calendar.css

Non-Frequent Error : 

Unknown SQL Exception 2812 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.  Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.Search_GetRecentStats'. 

Please provide any inputs related to Search Ga

May 9th, 2013 1:43pm

I'm getting the same "CannotMakeBrowserCacheSafeLayoutsUrl: 15/1033/styles/calendar.css" error messages and can't figure out how to resolve them. Did you find a solution for your problem?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 5th, 2013 7:49am

I am having the same issue , did you find any resolution ? I patched mine to June CU, still no luck.

OpenQuery
Failed with status ID: 0x800007d0. QueryPath: \Search Gatherer Projects -
SharePointServerSearch(P_Search_Service_0_Portal_Content)\Transactions In
Progress. instanceHandle: 3.
July 17th, 2013 6:12pm

Hi,

To resolve the OpenQuery failed errors you need to put the SharePoint Search Service account into the Performance Monitor Users group on the local server.

Wes

August 28th, 2013 10:06pm

Hi,

having the same issue as Akhilesh, Wes' solution didn't resolve it for me. Even after putting 'everyone' into that group my whole ULS is full of those messages.

Daniel

October 11th, 2013 10:57am

Thanks, Wes, that fixed this issue for me.
October 15th, 2013 7:00pm

Wes, this is interesting. Is there documentation you are aware of besides this thread that says the search service account needs to be a member of the Performance Monitor Users machine group?

I've tested this out in a development environment and it's working, so that's good. :)

October 17th, 2013 1:27pm

Hi Jason,

I am not aware of any documentation specifically for the [search service account] but I came across this requirement after changing the default account (database access account) and reviewing the ULS logs. 

A similar requirement exists for the [database access account] which must be a member of the PMU on SQL Server so the timer job "Diagnostic data provider: performance counters - database servers" runs properly, this requirement is documented (albeit buried).

Wes

October 17th, 2013 4:19pm

Check out my proposed answer on this forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/5fa8abc0-e9f6-48a2-af48-098d58f5d2f8/openquery-failed-with-status-id-0xc0000bb8?forum=sharepointsearch

I had the exact same issue but managed to resolve it. Maybe my resolution I posted will help? 

• Proposed as answer by MigratingCub1 Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:12 PM
November 2nd, 2013 2:16am

Did you ever resolve this CacheSafeLayout problem, Andreas?
June 2nd, 2014 4:41pm

FWIW I followed MigratingCub1's suggestion from the other thread and recreated the search service after setting the search and crawl service accounts as local administrators on the servers with the index components. 

It looks to me that there is some setup that happens when you create the service that runs as the service accounts. If these accounts are not local administrators then these settings aren't set and you get the error.

September 27th, 2014 4:56pm

Hi Wes,Just some more feedback - adding the Search Service Account to the PMU group did not help in my case. I continue to get "CannotMakeBrowserCacheSafeLayoutsUrl: 15/1033/styles/calendar.css". I do not see the related OpenQuery errors in my log.

Thanks.

September 2nd, 2015 5:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics