Configuring NIC teaming

Hello, everyone. I'm hoping this thread is in the right place.

I've been doing some research trying to understand logical switches/port profiles/etc. in VMM and have been having a hard time. Most of the articles I've found either don't go into enough detail or seem to lack proper examples. My goal is to enable NIC teaming on my cluster hosts.

Currently, each cluster node has 1 standard switch per physical NIC. One of these NICs is trunked, and the others are not. Everything is working fine, but I'm looking to improve the infrastructure behind these hosts.

I evicted one node from the cluster to experiment with. I enabled LACP on the switch side (Cisco) and enabled NIC teaming on the server (2012 R2). The server is online and functioning, but this is where my knowledge ends. I can't create a logical switch and add it to this host as the job fails stating that the switch can't be added since the host is already teamed. I'm a little confused about the proper process of getting a logical switch created and added to my host. Do I need to remove LACP and disable NIC teaming on the host and then re-enable it? Am I going down the wrong path by using LACP? 

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. I'd also be happy to provide any additional details I may have left out.

March 20th, 2015 7:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics