Configuring Agent Throttling

Hello,

is there a way (Powershell) to configure throttling settings for agents in an automated fashion?

What I'm trying to achive is set the throttling properties for all agents to a defined value.

I couldn't find the appropriate topic on technet.

I'm using SCDPM 2012.

Thanks

Christian

April 19th, 2012 7:46am

Hi,

I've had a look at this on 2010 and I think I need to mod the SQL backup .. here's an example on disabling the agent http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/dpmpowershell/thread/9876a345-2472-412f-9ed3-ae6871ef8c6d

I'm hopefully upgrading to 2012 in a few weeks so I'll check out if that functionallitys been added.

J

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2012 10:03am

You can do that by using the UpdateThrottlingSettings() method of the ProductionServer object:

TypeName   : Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.UI.ObjectModel.OMCommon.ProductionServer
Name       : UpdateThrottlingSettings
MemberType : Method
Definition : System.Void UpdateThrottlingSettings(bool isThrottled, System.UInt32 workHoursTransmissionRate, System.UInt32 nonWorkHoursTransmissionRate, System.UInt32 workHoursStart, System.UInt32 workHoursEnd, bool isSundayWorkDay, bool isMondayWorkDay, bool isTuesdayWorkDay, bool isWednesdayWorkDay, bool isThursdayWorkDay, bool isFridayWorkDay, bool isSaturdayWorkDay)

Example:

Get-ProductionServer -DPMServerName <DPMServerName> | ForEach-Object {$_.UpdateThrottlingSettings($true,51200,102400,7,19,$false,$true,$true,$true,$true,$true,$false)}

This sets the throttling of all agents to the following settings:

• 50 Mbps during work hours, 100 Mbps during non work hours,
  • work hours 7 AM to 7 PM
  • Workdays Monday to Friday

Regards,

Klaus

September 5th, 2012 2:15pm

Hello Klaus,

thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!

Very much appreciated!

Christian Schindler

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 5th, 2012 2:33pm

Is this documented anywhere on TechNet?  It would be useful to find the correct syntax for this on DPM 2012R2.
March 9th, 2015 7:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics