Configure 2 Network Interfaces for Resiliency
I am looking to configure 2 network interfaces in a resilient failure-over configuration. Both interfaces will be configured to the same subnetwork on different switches. There will be one IP address that will fail-over from the primary to the stand-by interface in the event of a component or media failure. Any assistance to point me to the correct documentation page or FAQ would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
October 22nd, 2010 10:04am

To do this correctly, you'll need to install a 3rd party component. For instance, HP has an app they use for their network adapters called "HP Teaming". There is nothing natively in Windows that will provide this fault-tolerant/Highly avaiable solution using more than one NIC. other vendors such as Intel, IBM, etc.. have similar products. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 22nd, 2010 10:18am

Hi hlcsubr, I agree with JM that hardware manufacturerhe provides hardware and drivers to support this fault-tolerant technology on windows server system . Network adapter teaming and server clustering http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254101 Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 25th, 2010 3:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics