ConditionDetection to merge Data Stream/Workflows

Condition Detection

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff381315.aspx

Condition detection modules perform one of the following three functions:
  • Filter the input data according to a specified condition.   
  • Map data from one data type to another.
  • Consolidate the data from multiple data streams.

While I could find many examples for the first two uses (filtering and mapping), I could not find any examples for how to use it to merge multiple data-streams....

Does anybody have any pointers or examples?

What I want to do is, branch the output of a datasource into two probeactions and merge the output of each probeaction into one writeaction, ie:

DS --> PA1 | PA2 --> WA

(with the probe actions PA1 and PA2 operating in parallel, I am OK to use two instances of the DS)

December 6th, 2013 12:38pm

Hi,

How about using  System.ConsolidatorCondition module?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee809324.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 9th, 2013 12:27pm

Thanks for the response Niki.

I had been trying out Correlator actually, not working :( ... Will try out ConsolidatorCondition as well. But I think Consolidator takes only one input data-stream...from the documentation.

My use-case is that I want to "simply" :) merge the output of two data streams - one having propertybag data and the other SNMP varbind data.

What would fit my need perfectly is a ConditionDetection module that takes multiple data-streams and doesn't change the type of data - my WriteAction can read both types of data.

December 10th, 2013 9:43am

Based on this, the data type must be the same in order to perform consolidation - cannot consolidate property bag data and SNMP data.

What exactly is the monitoring scenario? There must be some other logic that can be ap

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 13th, 2014 9:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics