Computers act up at same time each night?
I run IT for a small business. We have about 10 users on 5 computers. One of our employees stays pretty late each night. He noticed that at 6PM every night, one of the computers goes into standby and hangs (running Win XP Pro) and his (Win 7 Ult) has all open programs freeze (Outlook, IE, and our accounting software). I looked into the task scheduler to see if anything was running everyday, but apart from the Google Updater tasks there was nothing. Any tips?
October 24th, 2010 5:39pm

Hi, Is there any computer running Windows Server Operating System? This is Windows Server forums. If you only have Windows XP, Windows 7 Operating Systems, you’d better post in Windows Client TechCenter for a better assistance. Otherwise, please describe your scenario in details by telling us what Operating Systems are installed on computers, how do they connect? Meanwhile, please check event logs on both Windows XP and Windows 7 computer, see if any standby message is logged. Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 26th, 2010 4:34pm

If there is nothing around that time in the event logs, I might try running something like netmon and doing a traffic capture around that time to see if I can find any specific pattern that seems to cause it. -- Mike Burr
October 26th, 2010 5:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics