Combine COUNTROWS(DISTINCT( with FILTER(

In my data model I have a group of orders.  I arrive at the count of distinct orders
with:

Order Count:=COUNTROWS(DISTINCT('all sales data'[Order Number]))

Result is 10,576

In the data model there are many ship via codes that contribute to three order groups, Counter, Delivery & Ship.  I have a related column in the 'all sales data' table that displays on of those three order groups.

I am needing the following order counts (by those order groups):

• Counter Order      Count
  • Delivery Order      Count
  • Ship Order Count

My assumption is that I need to add FILTER to my formula so the COUNTROWS(DISTINCT( keys on

all sales data[Order Group]=Counter

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

July 30th, 2015 2:44pm

If it's all in one table "all sales data" you should be able to just create a pivottable/PowerView table that displays your order groups and then add your measure and it should automagically filter the order counts by the table rows.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 30th, 2015 2:49pm

Yes, that's true.  But I still have some other formulas I want to use in the background based on the order group count.
July 30th, 2015 2:52pm

Counter Count:=COUNTROWS(DISTINCT(FILTER('all sales data'[Order Number],all sales data[Order Group]=Counter)))

I didn't test that but that should be the correct formula, FILTER brings back order numbers that have an order group of "Counter" and you get the distinct values for that (works because you only bring back one column and you count the rows.

Obviously, create your other 2 measures similarly.

Hmm, on second thought you probably need a CALCULATE in there:

Counter Count:=COUNTROWS(DISTINCT(CALCULATE([Order Number],FILTER('all sales data',all sales data[Order Group]=Counter))))

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 30th, 2015 4:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics