Codesigning Questions
Hi,I know that this is not a developer forum, but I have posted already there and did not receive a single answer (although more than 60 hits within one week).My problem is the following:We have got an Access Database which is used with Access 2003 and Access 2007. It is digitally signed using a code signing certificate bought from an Internet CA and also countersigned by the Verisign timestamping service. The certificate will expire in some weeks. That's why I changed a machine's date to the day after the certificate has expired. When I opened the database, Access showed up with a security warning concerning the fact that the certificate is expired. After pressing OK, I could open the database.Is this security warning only because the machine could not access the timestamp service? Or will this warning show up every time I open the database once the certificate has required? I found two contradictory statements on www.microsoft.com? Does anyone have any experiences?Thank you!Dagmar
March 7th, 2010 8:18pm

Hi, To let the timestamping service work, it demands client application, such as Access, support. Based on my research, I am afraid that Office 2003 does not support the timestamping service. For Office 2007, you can install the following hotfix: 967732 The "Invalid signature" indication appears when you try to open a Word document or an Excel workbook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;967732 Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2010 10:59am

Hi, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I could not find any reliable information on what exactly will happen if the certificate expires. Regards, Dagmar
March 31st, 2010 2:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics