Code 43 video card error
Hello, I'm having trouble with an error code 43 and my ATI X1650. I have a SiS648 chipset, and this combination of card and chipset worked fine with Vista, but itrefuses to work with Server 2008. I remember that when setting up Vista a new AGP driver would be detected in Windows Update. No updated AGP driver is detected in Server 2008, however. I know the proper AGP driver must be out there somewhere - I just can't figure out how to get it installed on my system. SiS' website is no help, as they do not have AGP drivers listed for Vista/Server 2008. Anyone else having this problem?
March 8th, 2008 7:06am

Hello, I suspect that the error is caused by incompatible video card driver. When a new operating system is released, some third-party vendors or manufacturers will update their products to take full advantage of new features in the latest OS. If the driver is not compatible with the system, the device may not work properly or other unknown problems may occur in the system. Please note that because Windows Server 2008 has just been released in February, some manufacturersmay have not produced or have produced but have not published the device drivers for their products to work with Windows Server 2008. As It is hardware manufacturers' responsibility to provide device drivers, I would like to recommend you to contact the manufacturer of the video card device to see whether they have an updated Windows Server 2008 display driver available. Thanks. Regards, Neo Zhu -MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 10th, 2008 1:11pm

Thanks for the reply. My problem was an old SiS AGP driver. SiS does not have drivers explicitly for Server 2008 on their website, so I downloaded the Vista version and installed the newest AGP chipset driver. Everything works now! Yay
March 11th, 2008 8:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics