Cluster resource could not be brought online due to an error bringing the dependency resource 'SQL Network Name xxx online

I am trying to install a second named, clustered SQL Server 2012 instance on a Windows 2008 R2 cluster.

The precheck passes, the installation proceeds with no errors on the first node, until the installer tries to bring the cluster resource group for the new clustered instance online.

At that point I get an error that the cluster resource group can't be brought online because of a dependency issue.

The dependency appears to be something with the network resource (IP?) required.

When I look in the installation logs, I did find this:

Cluster network name resource 'SQL Network Name (TX2012MX)' failed to create its associated computer object in domain 'dfw01.corp.com' for the following reason: Unable to create computer account.

The text for the associated error code is: Access is denied.

In doing the installation, I am running as a user with Admin privs, and the accounts specified are AD accounts that do exist, and are already used to run the first instance, which is fine, and where I did not encounter any of these issues.

-How can I determine what computer object the installation is trying to create?

-What access might be missing?

- Is there any way to get more information from Windows Cluster Manager about what may be missing to bring the dependency online?

Thanks

Sandra

May 20th, 2015 9:04am

1) SQL Network Name (TX2012MX) need full permission for cluster second node.Try use AD admin.

2) Share Screenshot if possible.

3)Cluster Validation Tests are proper

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 20th, 2015 10:22am

The dependency appears to be something with the network resource (IP?) required.

When I look in the installation logs, I did find this:

Cluster network name resource 'SQL Network Name (TX2012MX)' failed to create its associated computer object in domain 'dfw01.corp.com' for the following reason: Unable to create computer account.

May 21st, 2015 1:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics