Cluster not appearing in Agentless Managed

Have a Windows 2008 R2 Cluster where the cluster does not appear in the Agent less managed list. There are two nodes in this cluster and both have agent proxy turned on. Windows Firewall is off. No errors in the event log. Run as accounts have all been deployed. SCOM has discovered the Windows cluster but not the Virtual nodes. Also, Resource groups of the cluster show in the resource groups view. But none of the SQL Instances are discovered. We have many clusters and this is the only one doing this. 

Anyone else seen this before? Running SCOM 2012 RS UR3.

Thanks,

Gerald

January 9th, 2015 5:22pm

Hi,

Do you mean that under Administration, Agentless managed, your cluster does not show up? Have you import management packs below to your management group?

System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Cluster

http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=2268

System Center Management Pack for SQL Server

http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=10631

Can you see the cluster name under Monitoring, Microsoft Windows cluster, Cluster, Node?

Regards,

Yan Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 12th, 2015 6:37am

Correct. I don't see this cluster under Administration, Agentless managed. All my other clusters appear here.  I do have both of these MPs installed, although they are the previous version.

And yes, I do see it under the cluster node state view. Also, I see the resource groups under the resource group state view.

If I create a state view that targets Virtual Server, then I don't see this particular cluster

Thank you,

Gerald

January 12th, 2015 3:04pm

I tried updating the Cluster Management Pack and this cluster is still not showing under Agentless managed.
January 12th, 2015 5:48pm

Hi,

Please try below way:

Run the Discover Cluster Task by going into the Operations Console and going under Monitoring->Microsoft Windows Cluster->Cluster Service State and right clicking on one of the physical nodes and running the Discover Cluster Task.

In addition, please also check operation manager event logs on both management server and agent.

Regards,

Yan Li

January 14th, 2015 6:19am

Hi, I currently have case open with support on this issue. once resolved I'll post the solution.
January 23rd, 2015 8:14pm

Just as a follow up to this. As it turns out the issue with this was that the SQL Cluster had offline resources that had been removed from cluster manager, but were still visible if you ran a PS script to view offline resources.

get-clusterresource | where {$_.state -eq 'offline'}

These offline resources were causing the discovery to not complete because they actually didn't exist anymore. Once we used a PS script to remove these offline resources that were no longer present the cluster was discovered.

March 9th, 2015 4:00pm

Just as a follow up to this. As it turns out the issue with this was that the SQL Cluster had offline resources that had been removed from cluster manager, but were still visible if you ran a PS script to view offline resources.

get-clusterresource | where {$_.state -eq 'offline'}

These offline resources were causing the discovery to not complete because they actually didn't exist anymore. Once we used a PS script to remove these offline resources that were no longer present the cluster was discovered.

March 9th, 2015 7:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics