Cloud Database time out Issue

Hi,

I am facing following issue in cloud database

Issue:  Altering/Drop any stored procedure in cloud database, Application throwing time out issue.

If same stored procedure running in backend(SQL),its executing without delay i.e. executing in 3 sec, not sure what is happening.

FYI, find below Issue description

Issue:- Timeout expired. The Timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding

This is not happening on regular basis, After altering procedure if I wait for 15 to 20 minutes(not running any queries on SQl ) then it will automatically get resolved.

Please let me know how i can fix above issue and let me know if you need more clarification on the same

• Moved by Dan GuzmanMVP Sunday, April 05, 2015 1:21 PM Move to more relevant forum
March 24th, 2015 7:05am

Hi Jari,

Sorry for the delay in response

I am using Web App with below specification

Backend-SQL Database( Cloud database SQL Edition it's showing WEB (Retired)

Programming Language-ASP .net with C#

Order of command:-

Dropped and then altered the procedure in SQl.

For your Information

if I am  performing any operation in SQL database ,it is working fine, but after that when I will try to connect same data base via my web app then its showing time out issue.

If I will connect it after 1 or 2 hour it will work, didn't understand what is the cause for this issue.

Exact error message in UI

Issue:- Timeout expired. The Timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding

Any other information you need please let me know.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2015 10:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics