Clipper (dbase) code and SQL
Not sure that I am on the correct forum but basically what I am looking for is anyone who has converted dBase DBF files and Clipper index files (NTX) into SQL table(s) and continued to access the data with Clipper code that has been converted 32 bit using the  Flagship product.
August 26th, 2015 8:51am

Hi Demosth,

Based on my research, you can import DBF files into SQL Server tables by using Import/Export Wizard. For more details about the whole process, please review this blog: Importing DBF files into SQL Server.

Another option is to download Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro and then use OPENROWSET method to import data from DBF files into SQL Server tables. For more details, please review this similar thread.

After importing DBF files into SQL Server tables, you can use T-SQL to retrieve data. As you need to access the data with Clipper code, you might need to do programming, and I would recommend you post the question in the Visual FoxPro General forum to get better support.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 11:35pm

Thank you.  I was aware that I could import the data relatively easily into SQL server.  But we have numerous applications written in Clipper and now compiled and linked with Flagship.   Six of these systems are complicated insurance administrative systems.  Do you really think that the VFP forum can help?  there are no plans to convert the code at the moment.
August 27th, 2015 2:00pm

Thank you.  I was aware that I could import the data relatively easily into SQL server.  But we have numerous applications written in Clipper and now compiled and linked with Flagship.   Six of these systems are complicated insurance administrative systems.  Do you really think that the VFP forum can help?  there are no plans to convert the code at the moment.

>> Do you really think that the VFP forum can help?

Probably more then this forum :-)

* I am closing this issue by marking Lydia Zhang's response as the answer

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 13th, 2015 5:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics