Clients loseing connection
Firstly yes this is about windows small business server 2003 R2I expect flame but i can not find a forum for 2003 and i can not find a newsgroup for it either"Were sorry, but we were unable to service your request. You may wish to choose from the links below for information about Microsoft products and services."My problem.....I am running sbs 2003R2 like i stated above with at max 6 clients at any one time connected via wireless and cat5 into a router which is my dhcpthe server is my domain (yes i should have it running dhcp as well but if i turn dhcp off on my router the wireless network function turns off)everyday between 5pm and 6pm all my users seem to get logged out of the server(domain).any networked drives become inaccessible and prompt for user name and passwordwhen username and password are entered it says that this login failed (u can put in another persons username and password and it will work)any networked programs (which we have a few, connecting to sql and other networked files) freeze and lose connectionwhich in turn freezes the entire computer and requires a reboot.on the odd chance the programs all close correctly the user still needs to log out and login to the domain again.I can find nothing on the event log on the server around the time of these incidents that would explain why this is happening.any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
January 16th, 2008 4:15am

Hello, There are a number of things that could potentially be the culprit here. My suggestion would be to open a case with Microsoft Product Support (support.microsoft.com) for assistance. In the meantime, here are some things to check. - Are logon hours set via Group Policy? - Do you have any automated tasks running around that time? - What is the exact text of any error messages that are displayed when a user attempts to logon and fail? You can search the knowledgebase with this error text for solutions. Hope this helps, - JMS
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 23rd, 2008 10:17am

Hi, I'm having the same problem with XP workstations and a Server 2003 SP2.Between 4-5pm everyday the workstations disconnect from the server.Did you find the fix for this problem?Any info would be greatly appreciated, as you know this can get pretty frustrating.Thanks,V
September 26th, 2008 9:25am

I resolved this problem by changing the DNS server on all the workstations to the server's ip address.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2010 8:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics