Clients disconnect from file services on Windows 2008 R2
I installed a 2008 R2 server to replace a ten year old server running windows 2003. I brought it up in its own domain and migrated the clients over to it by joining the new domain. Everthing basically is working okay, with one exception. The clients leave their workstations on at night so they can remotely log into them to work after hours using "GoToMyPC". The issue they are running into is that during the night it looks like they are getting "logged off" the network because they can not access their network drives or can they remap. That is unless they log off an log back in. Then all is fine. Is there a timeout associated with sharing on Windows 2008 R2 or within active directory itself. They had been doing this for years with the old server without any troubles. Any ideas? I was not sure where to post as it could be a share issue or an AD issue, so I decided to try here first.
November 7th, 2010 11:05am

Hello, this sounds for me like DNS, please post an unedited ipconfig /all from a client machine in the office and the new server.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 7th, 2010 11:21am

Hi, What related Event Error can be found in the Event Viewer? According to the problem description, this issue can be caused by the Mrxsmb10.sys driver, if the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol is in use. Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you download and install the following hotfix to check the result: You cannot access a remote server that shares files and printers by using the SMB protocol from a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2194664 If it does not work, please also follow the troubleshooting suggestions the following Microsoft KB article provides: Mapped Drive Connection to Network Share May Be Lost http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297684 Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 9th, 2010 3:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics