Client Password Changes on Domain
Hi, I have several users complaining that although they change their passwords they are still getting expiry messages & if not changed by a member of the helpdesk then the account expires. When they attempt to change the password I am being informed it acknoledges it & goes through but then fails when they try to logon. We have a several users across 4 sites using largely Windows 7 Enterprise & connecting via LAN, WLAN & VPN. I have asked users to try the various connections ensuring the others are disabled & this has not rectified the situation. In terms of DC's we utilise anything from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R2 either on a virtual or physical machine. The PDC is held at our main site on a virtual system but each site hosts its own DC for authentication purposes. I have trawled the client & server event logs & to date found nothing that is pointing towards the issue. If anyone has any advice or guidance on what else I could do to move towards a resolution that would be great. Many thanks in anticipation, Clive.
November 15th, 2012 7:18am

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support. Regards Kevin TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 16th, 2012 4:18am

Hi, Please run following command on each DC to check if AD replication is working fine. Repadmin /showrepl Also, please let me know if user can use his new password logon even if he get expiry message. Best regards, Jason Mei Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 16th, 2012 4:38am

Hi, Please run following command on each DC to check if AD replication is working fine. Repadmin /showrepl Also, please let me know if user can use his new password logon even if he get expiry message. Best regards, Jason Mei Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 16th, 2012 4:38am

Hi, Any updates?Best regards, Jason Mei Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 22nd, 2012 3:58am

Apologies for the delay Jason things have been hectic on the helpdesk the past few weeks & as the only person in this area of the business time is tight at the best of times. I am now working on getting further info based on your response & hope to have this soon. Many thanks for your patience. Clive.
December 11th, 2012 11:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics