ClickOnce button not showing in Report Builder 3.0

Trying to get the ClickOnce button to show up for new users without any luck.  Their roles include Report Builder and all other Roles.  And I have had the stand-alone version installed on their PCs.  What am I missing?  Thanks!!

August 19th, 2015 12:26pm

They need to have the "System User" role under "Site Settings" and "Security".  More specifically, they need the "Execute Report Definitions" task associated with that system role.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 19th, 2015 2:32pm

We do not have "System User" or "Execute Report Definitions" as options?  This is a copy of what is set up on my User profile, and I am able to see and use the Report Builder button?  Thanks!

August 19th, 2015 2:42pm

When you login and are in the home folder (i.e., <YourURL>/Reports), click "Site Settings" in the top right corner.  Then click security.  You will find that you can assign "System User" there.  With your screenshot, you are looking under "Folder Settings". 
August 19th, 2015 5:08pm

My display is only showing Home, My Subscriptions, and Help in the upper right corner, and none of them drill down to Site Settings?  I greatly appreciate your time, thanks!

August 19th, 2015 7:29pm

Hi Loran10,

In Reporting Services, in order to make Report Builder button is visible to users when accessing report manager, the user must be granted system User role in Site settings, and Report Builder Role in Folder settings. For more information, please refer to this article: SQL Server Reporting Services Report Builder 2012 Security.

By default, only BUILTIN\Administrators group have the System Administrator role in a Report Server. You can log on as a server administrator then access report manager, add your account to System Administrator role under Site Settings. Then you are able to see the Site settings with your account. For more information, please refer to this similar thread: Can't see the Site Settings option for SSRS 2012.

After you has System Administrator role, you can grant those users as System User role, so that they are able to see Report Builder button in report manager.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

August 20th, 2015 3:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics