Clearing user redirection file synchronization errors
We have Windows Server 2008. Problem is occuring on Windows XP computers with Office 2003. The my documents on the desktops are redirected to the server.During synchronization, warning occurred that the mdb files and the pst files could not be moved. I removed the files out of the my documents. That cleared the pst warning but now I have different warning for the mdb file I moved. Trying to fix the problem by putting in the file again and then removing it only got another warning: Synchronization Complete Problem Warnings occurred while Windows was synchronizing your data. Offline File (\\1-SRVF\Redirected_user_files on File Server (1-SRVF)): Unable to make D@2.mdb available offline on \\1-SRVF\Redirected_user_files\karen.crisp\Documents\Recycler\S-1-5-21-144100783-2274183133-4180765549-1210. Files of this type cannot be made available offline. Offline File (\\1-SRVF\Redirected_user_files on File Server (1-SRVF)): Unable to make D@3.mdb available offline on \\1-SRVF\Redirected_user_files\karen.crisp\Documents\Recycler\S-1-5-21-144100783-2274183133-4180765549-1210. Files of this type cannot be made available offline. Orginal file was db1.mdb.
August 22nd, 2009 3:10am

Techcoor, When user's My Documents redirection is enabled, his/her 'Recycle Bin' becomes a hidden subfolder of their 'My Documents' folder. Looking closely at the path of the .mdb files shown in the error message you posted, there are two .mdb files in the Recycle Bin. To resolve the issue, have the user open Recycle Bin and either delete the .mdb files from the recycle bin (if the user is certain they're no longer needed) or restore them by cut & paste to another folder, a folder other than 'My Documents', i.e. one that is not setup for Offline Files. Suggestion... If you have .mdb and .pst files that you want to make available to the user, but want to keep them on the server (to ensure they are backed up), you may want to make a mapped network drive (e.g. Z:\) to the \\1-SRVF\Redirected_user_files\karen.crisp This can be done via Active Directory's user properties > Profile tab > Home Folder section. You may need to ensure that the user does not choose to mark 'Make Available Offline'this mapped network drive or any .mdb or .pst files within its root level; otherwise these errors you describe will ensue. Of course, this setup limits the user to only being able to use the .mdb or .pst files while they're on your network. Regards, Michael L.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2009 10:38pm

Thanks for the reply. What you said regarding open the Recycle Bin etc was true for example Karen's computer where I was able to go to the recycle bin and delete d1b.mdb (twice as I remember), d@2.mdb, d@3.mdb . Those deletionsremoved the logoff synchronization warnings that hang the log off procedure. On Maria's computer the recycle bin was empty. Fortunately, I was able to delete the recycler folder in the \\1-SRVF\Redirected_user_files\(user name). Between the two methods I did remove all the logoff hangups. I am interested in saving the PST file on the server. However, I am not sure what "make a mapped network drive .... to the \1-SRVF\Redirected_user_files\karen.crisp" means. I got into trouble by having a pst file in the redirected_user_files and having the redirected_user_files user folder reference by a map network drive doesn't seem to avoid that redirected my document can't sync the pst file. In regards to the mdb files, I figured I would just put then in a network share. I figured to do the same for the pst file with a individual folder for each user. Certainly interested in better approachesAt this point those that have Outlook in more than one location seem to have a mobile device (Blackberry, Iphone) to sync contacts, etc. Joe
September 3rd, 2009 5:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics