Class not registered issues
Hi Paul Can you please post whats the error code thats throwing from event manager. And check for errors in event manger and let us know. Thanks Dinesh
September 14th, 2010 3:13pm

Nothing is written in any Event Log, it is all windows dialog boxes. This is what they all say: Class not registered ID No. 80040154 Exchange Manager or Active Directory
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2010 4:20pm

The reason this is in the General Server Forums and crossposted in Exchange Forums is because it is related to interaction between Active Directory and Exchange Management. Anything that you can do internally to either AD or Exchange run fine (Add users, message tracking, directory permissions) but whenever I try to do any activity where the two parts have to talk to each other, I get the "Class not Registered" error. This is preventing me from doing email forwarding, or mailbox recovery (which I right now don't need, but did). If I knew what dll's were used to communicate between AD and Exchange I can regsvr32 them and register them, but I have no clue which ones. Any assistance on this would be great. Paul Clemmons, PC Networks
September 14th, 2010 7:29pm

hi , Are you still experiencing the issue ? , if so i would need detailed steps how to repro and during what instance are you seeing the above error message. The error messages are from "dll's" , but would like to know the activity which pops up this message.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 27th, 2010 10:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics