Class Not Registered Explorer.exe
When I try to launch Windows Exporer, open My Computer, etc. I get an error message "Class not Registered" with Explorer.exe in the title bar of the modal.I have tried running regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll, but when I do, I get the following error: "The module 'ExplorerFrame.dll' may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 or x64 version of regsvr32".Note that I am running Windows Server 2008.Rick
August 8th, 2009 9:26pm

Hi Rick, Thanks for the post. From your description, I understand that the error message stating Class not Registered with Explorer.exe is received when running Windows Explorer. The problematic system is Windows Server 2008. This issue may occur if the 'ExplorerFrame.dll' file is corrupt. In the Start Menu, type cmd.exe and right click the 'Command Prompt' and select the 'Run As Administrator' option. Type the following command. sfc /scannow Press Enter. This will run the System File Checker utility and replace any corrupt system files. Please understand that it may take a long time to check the system files. After that, please type cmd.exe and right click the 'Command Prompt' and select the 'Run As Administrator' option. Type the following command. regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll Press Enter. Does it work? If this problem continues, please collect the Setup&Performance version of MPSReport from the problematic machine. a. Download the MPS Report Tool from the following link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/b/1/bb139fcb-4aac-4fe5-a579-30b0bd915706/MPSRPT_SETUPPerf.EXE b. After the download is complete, double-click this " MPSRPT_SETUPPerf.EXE" file. Then a CAB file will be generated called %COMPUTERNAME%_MPSReports.CAB. For example, if your computer name is "MyComputer", this CAB file will be named "MyComputer_MPSReports.CAB". c. Open My Computer, browse to the "%systemroot%\MPSReports\Setup\Logs\CAB" folder. You can find the CAB file above and please send it to me. Use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give me the download address. Hope this helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 10th, 2009 10:33am

Thanks Mile- I ended up repaving with R2.Rick MVP, Connected Systems Developer
September 1st, 2009 1:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics