Cisco NAC installed, now being asked to delay startup folder?
Okay so this is interesting, and people with Cisco NAC experience please let me know if this is how things are supposed to be or not (so I can complain up the ladder). Right now, Cisco NAC runs out of our startup folder and somehow using some network engineer supplied 'service' that has been installed, will release and renew an IP to get on the right subnet that is not NAC suppressed. So we log in with one IP, get refreshed, and then get the *real* IP through NAC. Problem is this -- a lot of users have items in their startup folder that launch automatically. They connect to websites, network resources, run apps that are on the network or have a client/server connection, etc. Right now, most of those startup items would fail because NAC hasn't necessarily made an actual connection to the server, and gotten them authenticated. So my job currently is to come up with a way to move all the startup folder items and delay them until NAC has finished working. That means every user in the company has to get a second startup folder that is delayed, and the original startup folder can only have NAC in it. I'm open for ideas on how to accomplish this, and if it sounds really hokey to you, let me know why -- I need to have some evidence on how it should be working so that this change isn't put in, because right now I'm going to have to modify the login process for all my users, rather than them fix NAC to work properly without any intervention. I appreciate any help you can give here, as I'm stuck at a crossroads. I was hoping there was a simple registry tweak I could do to slip in a delay to the startup folder items, but alas there isn't that I can see. Any ideas or help are greatly appreciated!
October 27th, 2010 2:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics