Choose domain controller when performing domain trust
Hi, I hope somebody can help me. I want to perform a domain trust and was wondering if you can check which domain users are used during the wizard. In other words....Is there a way to tell which domain controllers on both sides of the trust are used during the domain trust wizard? Can you also choose which domain controllers to use? Thanks in advance,
June 16th, 2011 11:59am

The domain controllers are chosen with standard DNS lookups. You can take some control over that by using priorities and weights. Otherwise, the actual trust creation wizard does not offer a way to select the domain controllers to use. With regard to the user account used - it uses the logged on user where the trust is being created. If you are logged as as domain1\administrator and creating a trust with domain2, it will use domain1\administrator for domain1. You have the option to create both sides of the trust and you have to enter the domain2 credentials at that moment. To determine which domain controllers are actually being used, you can use a packet capture utility such as Network Monitor during the trust creation process. You may find this blog post useful in outlining some of the details: http://blog.studiographic.nl/?p=326 Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 16th, 2011 1:30pm

Hi Brian, Thanks for the answer. Regards, SR
June 21st, 2011 4:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics