Choice of OTP via SMS or Email or QA gate for password resets

hi,

Wondering if anyone out there has come across a neat solution to allow a user to use a choice of either SMS, or E-mail, or the QA gate to reset their password in forefront identity manager 210 r2.

I have see the solution of setting up a custom attribute that users can enter a value themselves and based on this value then present them with the password reset by questions or e-mail or sms.

I was hoping that somewhere the otp gates could be modified to say "if a user gets either the question or the security code right then proceed and give the user the option to change their password"

In other words, present the user with the questions, and then the security code, and then check to see if they have either option correct to proceed with the password reset process.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards, Thomas.

May 23rd, 2013 4:23pm

Thomas,

Implementing a what you want is very tricky and may not be doable. The Workflow activities are run in series so if you have them both you would need to successfully complete them both.

You would need to create your own Custom Workflow that would work with the FIM SSPR client. That is pretty tricky. You might glean some clues from Anthony's blog http://blogs.technet.com/b/aho/

For now though I would say this isn't possible with FIM.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2015 4:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics