ChkDsk
I need to run CHKDSK on two of our Win2003 R2 SP2 servers. They both use RAID SCUSI setups. I am leery of damage or other unforseen consequences using a low lever MS-DOS command on a large server. Is there another safer utility?
December 10th, 2009 12:43am

Hi Myrt webb,Chkdsk is not meant to corrupt the secotor / tracks on the disk, this utility helps you to identify the problems related to the disk and correct them without user intervension. THis tool will check the metadata of the volume . From microsoft i would recommend chkdsk for checking the disk .
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 10th, 2009 4:27am

Hello Myrt Webb, Chkdsk is a safety utility tool that can be used to correct disk corruption when the system finds the disk is dirty. One thing you may need to notice: If the server have the volume which contains more than 4,194,303 files, I suggest you apply the following hotfix on Windows Server 2003. The CHKDSK utility incorrectly identifies and deletes in-use security descriptors http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831374 You can feel free to use it check the disk health. Thank you. Best Regards, David ShenThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
December 10th, 2009 6:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics