Check Email gadget on Windows Server 2012 Essentials (on premise exchange 2013 server) not working.

Greetings,

I wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with the "Check Email" gadget on the Essentials portal.

Above is a picture of the issue I have, and I have already followed all the MS guides as to how to integrate an exchange server with the Essentials servers.

Article#1 http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2012/07/26/email-options-supported-by-windows-server-2012-essentials.aspx

Article #2 https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200172

My setup:  I have 2 Servers, one is the Essentials server, and the other one is the Exchange server.  I have multiple public IPs, so I do not need the reverse proxy configuration, however, to be on the safe side, I ran the AARConfig command on the essentials server.

Even after all the steps, and each server working properly (exchange sends and receives email, owa works properly, outlook anywhere works properly, and the Essentials board works except for the Check Email), I still haven't been able to find if its possible for the Check Email gadget to work, or how to remove it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Julian.

• Edited by Julian Molina Friday, February 20, 2015 7:05 PM picture
February 20th, 2015 10:02pm

Hi Julian,

Would you please let me confirm whether it's a Windows Server 2012 Essentials or a Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials?

Did you use other user accounts (in other computers) to access RWA and check whether encounter the same issue? If it's just a test environment (non-production environment), please disable Exchange Server Integration and re-enable it again in Dashboard, then check if this issue still exist.

In addition, please also check log files if find some relevant clues.

Windows Server Essentials 2012/2012 R2 Log Files

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2015 4:09am

Have you got the same issue with all users logging in to RWA?
February 24th, 2015 2:37pm

Justin,

This is a Server 2012 R2 with the Essentials role installed on it, and not a Server 2012 Essentials (crazy i know).   It is also a standalone server, and not combined with any other server.   The domain has one DC, one Exchange 2013, and this server with the role to allow users access from home to their office computers.

I didnt think you could access email from the R2 essentials portal (role), but we do get this error when ANY user logs in to the portal.

sorry for the long delay in replies....LOL.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2015 5:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics