Cheap Free HomeDNS Server
Home Dns Server Software Free or Cheap? I have been wanting to turn my old P2 Windows XP Pro machine into a home DNS server that will do what any internet dns would. I have been experimenting with BIND and a few others. But can not get any of them to work. My question is what would be a few good simple easy to install and configure dns server software? Does anyone know of any if so can I get the names or weblinks. I want a home dns server to speed up my Network and experiment with. so simple and easy are good I have heard of treewalk DNS but alot say it is a virus so not sure if this is true. Been working on this over 24 hours so a little tired. Figured I would ask and take a break. any help wwould be great thankyou. It would be used for looking up other websites instead of having to use the ISP or 3d party ones. Learning more about today's technologies along with feature technology to stay ahead of the game.
July 24th, 2011 5:45pm

If you just want to test and learn I would advice you to download trial of Windows 2008 (R2 comes only in 64 bit and P2 is 32 bit) and experiment with it With kind regards Krystian Zieja http://www.projectenvision.com Follow me on twitter My Blog Need help with your systems?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 24th, 2011 5:53pm

Well one thing you could do is bring yourself a little christmas early, go get a nice home media server then you could have some nice backup storage, and a server and hook it up to your tv and have some fun.-- :P Advice offered, If you need more help it is advised to seek the council and advice of paid professionals. The answer is always 42, or reboot.
July 24th, 2011 7:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics