Charts Not Visible In Report Manager
I am able to preview my report in Microsoft Visual Studio with a chart embedded at the top of the report. However after uploading the report to Report Manager, the chart is blank. How can I get the chart to be visible in Report Manager?  I am using SQL Server 2012 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine.  I can see the chart if I edit the report in Report Building in the print layout mode.  I can also see the chart in my Microsoft Visual Studio Project.
August 27th, 2015 2:42pm

Hi Vhaispgoffd,

Please add the URL in Compatibility view in Internet Explorer >- Tools >- Compatibility View Settings >- Add this Web Site

Best Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 3:16pm

Hi,

Charts will be considered as images in the output of the rdl file. so probably reason could be the browser issue.

plz chk out this option once...

Please feel free to revert back if still any issues, thank you

August 27th, 2015 4:14pm

Hi vhaispgoffd,

Based on my research in our VKB resources, the same issue can be caused by that the images are consolidated and are sent back as one packet which the browser has difficulty in placing them in the respective placeholders. HTML device info setting within Reporting Service has an option to turn off Image Consolidation. Unfortunately this setting does work only when we provide it through URL and not in the RsReportServer.config file. The fix that will enable the ImageConsolidation setting to be recognized when specified in the RsReportServer.config file is released in SQL Server 2012 SP 2 cumulative update 3. So in your scenario, please make sure the ImageConsolidation is false in RsReportServer.config file like below:

<Extension Name="HTML4.0" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HtmlRenderer.Html40RenderingExtension,Microsoft.ReportingServices.HtmlRendering" Visible="false">
      <Configuration>                                                          
          <DeviceInfo>                                                                      
              ImageConsolidation>false</ ImageConsolidation >                                                                                  
          </DeviceInfo>                                                                      
      </Configuration>                                                          
</Extension>

Then please install the Cumulative update package 3 for SQL Server 2012 SP2 in your environment.

If issue persists, please consider to perform repair operation for the SQL Server. You can launch the SQL Server setup.exe to open SQL Server Installation Center, then choose Repair on Maintenance tab. Please refer to this similar thread: SSRS report manager not rendering charts.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 11:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics