Changing permissions
Hello all, I will start off by saying that I am very new to this and I've kind of hit a roadblock early on. I've set up my home server and named it server1. I have 2 usernames so far and that is Administrator and Anthony, there is also the guest account which I currently have turned off. I added some files and set them to be accessible when logged in as anthony and that worked out great but I wanted to make sure they were not accessible from other accounts such as guest. So I temporarily turned on the guest account and signed in as guest and sure enough it wouldn't let me access them, yay. then I turned off the guest account, however, now whenever I go into my computer and type in \\server1 it takes me to the root folder and doesn't ask me to log in at all and do not have access to the files. I've loged into the server via remote desktop as administrator and under sharing and storage managment I viewed sessions and it says I'm still logged on as guest, even though I turned off the guest account. My question is, how do I get windows to prompt me to re log in?
April 3rd, 2011 10:43am

I'd ask them here. http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowshomeserver Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 3rd, 2011 11:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics