Changing logon wallpaper
Hi there, We need to change the wallpaper on the logon screen with our company logo. This is the key we're trying to modify: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop > wallpaper We try to set it to C:\_logo.bmp and it works fine. Problem is, we want to put the image file on the server so we set the wallpaper regkey as \\server\share\file.bmp but for some reason, it never applied it. even though the regKey changed, it still don't display the wallpaper even after reboot. does it accept network location as the value?
June 9th, 2010 8:18am

I think you can have a look on following keys: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System!Wallpaper, HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System!WallpaperStyle Actually it is the following group policy: GP Management --- Users Configuration --- Policies --- Desktop --- Desktop --- Desktop Wallpaper.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 10th, 2010 12:22pm

Hi Shaon, Sorry for the late reply. I've been doing some testing and this is what I got. That regKey you recommend os for the normal background wallpaper AFTER user logs in. What I'm after is the wallpaper BEFORE user logs in, when you ask to press Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons. the regKey is: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop > wallpaper and it does not accept network location. So I need to copy the file from the server using startup script (via GPO) and then modify the regKey.
June 24th, 2010 2:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics