Changing Incident Status with a Runbook does not reflect in IncidentStatusDurationFactvw

Hi

Please help.

I have made a runbook that sets all incidents in "Active status" to "Active-AfterHours" status at the end of Business hours. Another runbook sets the status back to active at the start of business hours. We have a "Time in Active status" (Business Hours) SLA with the client so this needed to be done.

The runbook cleary works - I can see that status changes for relevant incidents are reflected in the console. However, none of the status change info gets carried through to the "IncidentStatusDurationvw" in the datawarehouse -  only if the runbook makes the status change. If I make the change manually in the console - then the status changes are correctly carried through to the "IncidentStatusDurationvw" view in the DW.

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my runbook? Is there some "other stuff" the console would do when changing the status that my runbook isn't doing?

Runbook Example below, Start of business hours --> Find Incidents with status "ActiveAfterHours" --> change status to "Active".

Many thanks

August 25th, 2015 5:04am

Just to double-check, you're not using SQL to change the status are you?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 9:41am

Hi Aaron

No, not to change the status. I'm trying to use an Orchestrator runbook to do that.

I use SSRS to report time in status "x" from the view "IncidentStatusDurationvw". One of the default reports/stores procedures has the code for this which I've adapted for reporting purposes. See the select and join code below. It is therefore important to me that the status durations carry through to the DW - which happens if I use the console to change status - but not the runbook.

Thanks

Select

dFact.ActiveDuration TimeInActiveStatus,

dFact.PendingDuration TimeInPendingStatus,

Leftouterjoin

(

select

ActiveDuration =SUM(

CASE

WHENstatusEnum.ID ='IncidentStatusEnum.Active'

THENdFact.TotalTimeMeasure

ELSE0

END

),

PendingDuration =SUM(

CASE

WHENstatusEnum.ID ='IncidentStatusEnum.Active.Pending'

THENdFact.TotalTimeMeasure

ELSE0

END

),

dFact.IncidentDimKey

from

dbo.IncidentStatusDurationFactvw dFact

Leftouterjoin

dbo.IncidentStatusvw statusEnum

ONstatusEnum.IncidentStatusId =dFact.IncidentStatusId

Groupbydfact.IncidentDimKey

)dFact

ONdFact.IncidentDimKey =I.IncidentDimKey

August 25th, 2015 9:56am

I meant you're not using a SQL activity in Orchestrator to change the status are you? You're using one of the supported Service Manager activities? Or perhaps a powershell script that uses SMLets?
August 25th, 2015 10:09am

I'm using the std Service Manager activities from the SM 2012 integration pack for Orchestrator. All SM and Orch patched to UR7.
August 25th, 2015 10:12am

I meant you're not using a SQL activity in Orchestrator to change the status are you? You're using one of the supported Service Manager activities? Or perhaps a powershell script that uses SMLets?
August 25th, 2015 2:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics