Changing DisplayName for top level application singleton class instance

Hello,

We've just recently started on a management pack... I have a rather basic question regarding the DisplayName for the top level application singleton. Can it be changed?

I have a diagram view and the top level singleton shows up as "ClassName Class". I would prefer "ClassName" but there does not seem to be a way to control it.

My singleton definition is as follows:

<ClassType ID="Management.Pack.ClassName" Base="System!System.Service" Accessibility="Public" Abstract="false" Singleton="true" Hosted="false>

</ClassType>

Then I have a DisplayString for the class but this does not control the instance's DisplayName. Could you please let me know if there is an obvious solution for this?

Thank you,

-Ivan

June 27th, 2013 10:53pm

Hi,

you can change the display name for any element in MP.

always display name are stored under <DisplayString ElementID="Class ID"> <Name ></Name> </DisplayString>

for each element ID( in this case Class). you do not have any option in scom console to change the display name for class ID. need to open mp in authoring console or notepad and edit display string <name> for respective class id.

Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2013 9:11am

Hi Sridhar,

I do have a DisplayString for the singleton class and I see it correctly when running Get-SCOMClass -Name ClassName | fl DisplayName

I am using VSAE for authoring. What I am trying to achieve here - define the singleton class at authoring time in such a way that the only instance of this class gets the DisplayName of my choice - it's always "ClassName Class" and as far as I can tell it cannot be controlled at authoring time.

Regards,

-Ivan

June 28th, 2013 6:30pm

For singleton classes you have already defined display name in authoring console. If you wish to change it then you need to do it in authoring console or in xml. Seal package if not see changes in display name.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2013 5:30pm

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks. I am using VSAE for authoring. As far as the MP is concerned the "ClassName Class" is not in any display strings in the final XML. I don't see how sealing the MP would help.

Thanks,

-Ivan

July 3rd, 2013 12:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics