Change motherboard without formating in server 2008
Hello. I test Windows server 2008 x64 since beta3 andlast week my motherboard fail and I bought new. But it is not the same mark (chipset Intel towards nvidia) and Windows does not start again naturally! I try windows recovery on dvd but I don't have success. Blue screen error on boot: 0x0000007B I have make many change in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM and the system boot normally, the cursor show and after 5 seconds, the computer reboot. Why Windows is not capable to detect hardware change when it load and reinstall itself!! Iwould like a small option in boot menu, like Install new hardware Do you have other methods to boot andsave my domain controller? I don't want format and lost all my settings and my dc Thank
July 2nd, 2007 12:35am

If you boot in safe mode, do you still get the error? If not, remove all specifik hardware for your old motherboard and reboot. If that doesn't work I'm afraid you've learned the value of backups the hard way :/ See this for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/122926
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 2nd, 2007 9:30am

Same error in safe mode. I remove all pci cards, disable all onboard devices. Yes, I will learn how to restore backup! Thank you!
July 2nd, 2007 7:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics