Change in registry security affects Component services?
Hello everybody! It seems as if there is a change to registry security in R2 regarding the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID. The impact for me is as follows: It is not possible for local adminstrator to change the permissions like local launch and local activation on DCOM objects via the component services GUI. My workaround was to take ownership of the registry key, grant full control and change the dcom permissions afterwards via component services. Is this intended behaviour? Thank you in advance!
August 14th, 2009 4:45pm

Hi, As far as I know, this intended behavior. There is also a DCOMperm tool to help configure DCOM permission. DCOMperm: Permissions for a COM Serverhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa242178%28VS.60%29.aspx Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 17th, 2009 1:28pm

DCOMperm also throws an access denied error when trying to change the permissions (ran as builtin administrator).
August 19th, 2009 5:11pm

If so, Im afraid we have to change permission manually. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2009 4:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics