Change TCP Port
I need to install Symantec Backup-Exec 12.5 Remote Agent. it requires Port TCP 10000, which is used by windows server 2008's one of the service call wininit.exe. My question is how i can change the Port of wininit.exe to any other free port. If i am stopping this service, it shows blue screen and then i have to make hard shutdown. Any Solution? Many Thanks in Advance. Regards,
December 12th, 2010 5:41am

Hi, Many Thanks for your help. I have tried to follow the above link, but i am not able to find ndmp. Can you suggest any other way to solution this issue. Regards. Areeb
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 13th, 2010 5:02am

I agree with Tiger. You should probably contact Symantec and get a solution from them. Many software packages allow you to customize the port and other configuration settings. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
December 13th, 2010 9:47am

Hi Areeb, Thanks for update. So far we have no other methods or solutions but modify application settings and assign new ports. Please understand that we are not familiar with the product you mentioned ,however connect with Symantec support is a good way to solve it. Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 14th, 2010 2:10am

Hi Tiger, Many thanks for your advise. Regards, Areeb
December 15th, 2010 5:06am

Thank you mkHenry, I had the exact same issue and this corrected it. Wish I could propose your response as the answer, as referring everyone to go to the other vendor shouldn't be an acceptable answer.
June 26th, 2012 3:03pm

In agreement with COWBH; Fantastic response - Still valid as of July 2012 on Backup Exec 2012 / Win 2008 R2 Thanks for posting
July 31st, 2012 7:08am

Thanks Henry.... This resolved my issue...Thanks, Bravo
August 14th, 2012 11:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics