Certreq: Template not found.
Hello Forum! I'd like to deploy certificates using Orchestrator (with some cert* commands inside the runbooks). However, my Problem is that I get the following error on some of the machines (it seems that only 2008 (r2?) are concerned). When executing the certreq manually I get the following Output: PS C:\Temp> certreq -new -f .\RequestConfig.inf RequestConfig.req Template not found. Do you wish to continue anyway? Is there a way to approve the dialog/request and go ahead? Any idea how to solve that? Many thanks in advance, Patrick
July 12th, 2012 7:19am

Just use the -q switch to suppress all interactive dialogs! /Hasain
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 12th, 2012 7:57am

Hasain, thanks for your reply! Unfortunately the -q Switch is the same as pressing cancel. I need a way to approve (press OK). Cheers, Patrick
July 12th, 2012 8:15am

If the certificate template is not necessary when creating the request, just skip the template information from the request inf file and add it later when the request is submitted to the CA as an attribute! certreq -submit -attrib "CertificateTemplate:TEMPLATE_NAME" reqfile ... /Hasain
July 12th, 2012 8:25am

Hi, Here is a similar thread, please refer to it: Help - Having problems issue certificate to Site Server http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgribcm/thread/a34e324d-2af7-4bb9-a701-3880b4d20d6e Please make sure that RequestConfig.inf are under c:\temp folder and the name was right. Regards, Yan Li Yan Li TechNet Community Support
July 12th, 2012 10:28pm

Hi, Here is a similar thread, please refer to it: Help - Having problems issue certificate to Site Server http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgribcm/thread/a34e324d-2af7-4bb9-a701-3880b4d20d6e Please make sure that RequestConfig.inf are under c:\temp folder and the name was right. Regards, Yan Li Yan Li TechNet Community Support
July 12th, 2012 10:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics